What happens when you go to the farmers market and you pickup fresh chicken breast, fresh eggplant and tomatoes? You make eggplant chicken parmsagna of course! Parmsagna is a layered parmesan dish.
- 4 small/medium eggplant
- 4 chicken breast
- 8oz mozzarella
- 8oz parmesan cheese
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- Tomato sauce (we made homemade)
- 4 eggs
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Peanut oil
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise and salt. Let sit for at least 15 min.
- Heat the peanut oil (about 1/2 inch deep) in a pan.
- Prepare your breading station.
- Put flour on a plate and mix in salt and pepper.
- Mix eggs together in a bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Bread and fry the chicken – place the chicken in the flour, then the egg, followed by the panko breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown (about 5 min) on each side.
- Layer chicken in bottom of a glass pan. Top with sliced tomatoes, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Bread and fry the eggplant – place the eggplant in the flour, then the egg, followed by the panko breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown (about 3 min) on each side.
- Layer on top of the chicken. Place tomatoes, tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. If necessary make a second layer of eggplant, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Serve over spaghetti if desired. Top with extra tomato sauce. I ate mine with only the eggplant chicken parmsagna and was stuffed!